Professor of Public Health & Community Medicine, Department of Community Health, Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife. Director, Population and Reproductive Health Programme (PRHP), College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife Acting Director, Institute of Public Health, College of Health Sciences, OAU, Ile-Ife
B.Sc. (Health Sciences), OAU Nigeria,
Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB),
MPH (Hadassah, Israel),
Fellowship of the West African College of Physicians (Community Health),
Certificate in Population Leadership, University of Washington,
Certificate in Communicating Research to Policy Makers, East-West Centre, Hawaii.
Professor Adesegun Fatusi is a highly experienced and committed reproductive health expert, an energetic, hardworking and dynamic teacher, seasoned researcher who is very effective in relationship building, programme development and team leadership. He has contributed immensely to programme development and execution at the local, national and international levels. Below are few of his contributions:
- Consultant for the writing of the 2005 National HIV/AIDS & Reproductive Health Survey, the HIV/AIDS Behavioural Surveillance Survey (2005), the National Safe Motherhood Household Practices (2005), and the Background document for the National Consultative Meeting on Maternal Mortality reduction
- Major contributor to several national programme guidelines including the National Curriculum for Integrated Reproductive Health Training, Training Manual on Adolescent Health & Development, and Clinical Protocol and Service Guidelines for Adolescent Health Services in Nigeria, and Protocols for Women and Child Friendly Health Services
- Member of the 2004 Health Sector Reform programme development team, and member of the National Reproductive Health Working group and currently chairs the National Adolescent Health and Development Working Group for Nigeria
- Consultant to several international and national development agencies in the area of programme management including UNFPA, WHO, UNICEF, USAID, Action Aid International, Association of African Universities, Federal Ministry of Health and National Agency for the Control of AIDS, among others
- Active researcher, with over 50 scientific publications in reputable peer-reviewed journals
Focal Areas: Adolescent Health, Reproductive Health Epidemiology, Health Policy and Development Management.